The International Organisation For Migration invites applications for the job position of Project Assistant (Site Development /CCCM) Open to both Internal & External Candidates.
Established in 1951, The International Organisation For Migration IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Position : Project Assistant (Site Development /CCCM)
Organizational Unit : Camp Coordination Camp Management (CCCM)
Duty Station : Maiduguri
IOM Classification : G5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility
SVN No. : SVN2019/12
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11th February, 2019
Working under the overall supervision of the Emergency Coordinator (EC) and the direct supervision of the Project
Officer- Camp and Displacement Management the incumbent will work within selected camps and camp-like settings as well as in hosting communities, informal sites and areas of return monitoring IOM funded site development projects and site improvement interventions geared towards GBV risk reduction. The incumbent will monitor routine Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) tasks, such as assessments, coordination and installation of camp
infrastructure in IDP sites.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with the CCCM Officer be the focal point for all site development and site upgrade
interventions in the CCCM unit.
2. Update site plans for all formal sites managed by IOM.
3. Participate in site safety assessments and follow up in implementation of recommendations from site safety assessments.
4. Assist in monitoring all IOM site development and site improvement interventions are in accordance with
humanitarian standards and report any deviations to the supervisor.
5. Monitor the installation of camp infrastructure as well as complement the WASH and Shelter unit in reporting on progress and quality of work.
6. Monitor the maintenance of IOM funded camp infrastructure and timely report on any maintenance
7. Implement and monitor proper monitoring and reporting of IOM site development and site upgrades
8. Monitor the distribution of community tools and verify proper accountability measures are in place for all IOM donated tools.
9. Contribute to the development of new tools for IOM site improvement interventions.
10. Keep track of all IOM site development and site upgrade interventions.
11. Follow up on timely and accurate reporting for the IOM site improvements projects.
12. Support in contingency planning for sites managed by IOM.
13. Raise procurement requests for all IOM site development projects.
14. Verify all IOM CCCM staff involved in site improvement projects understand and carry out their duties in accordance with the humanitarian principles, core values, the Code of Conduct and PSEA.
15. Implement and monitor adequate protection mainstreaming activities in all IOM site improvements projects.
16. Enforce decisions taken by the CCCM/NFI/Shelter sector working group at field level in IOM site
development and site upgrades projects.
17. Attend coordination meetings in sector or technical working groups and task forces representing IOM
when delegated to do so.
18. Discharge any other relevant duties as assigned by the CCCM Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
English and Native Language like Hausa or other North-East Nigeria local languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages
diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational
principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises
careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line
Application Closing Date:
Monday 11th February 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019.12 Maiduguri. Project Assistant Project Assistant (Site
Development /CCCM) G5
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Latest Graduate Jobs
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2019
- MainOne Graduate Trainee Program 2019
- Graduate Intern (Administrative Support) at Gapcon Nigeria Limited 2019
- Saharaco Graduate Trainee (Back Office Executive) 2019
- Axxela Graduate Trainee Program 2019
- KPMG Graduate Trainee Programme 2019/2020
- Graduate Process Operator – Energy & Fluids Job Vacancy at SABmiller Plc
- First Bank Associate Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019
- PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2019
- PwC Nigeria 2019 Graduate Recruitment – Assurance & Tax Regulatory Services
- PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme 2019/2020
- University Of Oxford, UK 2019 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
- Government Of Brunei Darussalam 2019 Scholarships For International StudentS
- How to Apply for Admission and Scholarships in Islamic University of Madinah
- Japanese Government 2019 MEXT Teacher Training Students Scholarship
- Federal Government Scholarship 2019 Awards For NA and SDG For Girls Only Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards – 2019/2020 Computer Based Test
- Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 2019 Nomination Interview
- Islamic Development Bank 2019 Scholarships [Fully Funded]
- Bode Amao Foundation (BAF) 2018/2019 Undergraduate Scholarships Award